This compact 5 axis plasma bevel cutting unit with collision protection has been conceived as an entry device for occasional bevel cutting. With +/-45° cuts and quasi infinite rotation, bevel cuts of V, X or Y on simple contours as well as straight cuts are possible
- AC servo drives guarantee high power, precision and low maintenance.
- Integrated collision protection function with magnetically positioned torch holder, for quick, simple and practical torch alignment after a collision
- Simple set-up of the correct TCP (Tool Centre Point) after changing consumables.
- Regulation of the Torch height through measurement of arc voltage and an accuracy of +/- 0.25 mm guarantees consistent bevel part cutting accuracy
- Bevel angle from +45° to -45° with suitable plasma units.
- Adjustment from 0° to 45° in less than 2 seconds.
- Establishing the initial stand-off of the torch by nozzle contact eliminates offset movement and reduces cycle times whilst giving increased measuring accuracy.
- The 300 mm stroke allows the unit to be combined ideally with other cutting processes on one machine.