Bevel cutting requires an exact knowledge of the machine and the cutting processes. Corners, lead-ins and runouts have to be cut with special sequence if the required quality is to be achieved. Bevel cutting also places high demands on the programming of the cut parts. Special auxiliary functions are needed to set the units up for bevel cutting.
For Example, with laser bevel cutting, cuts must be repeated if the preparation consists of multiple bevels. It may be necessary to adjust the tool centre point or the contour may have to be offset laterally. Depending upon the cutting process, special start of cut geometries may be required. Additionally, the optimum technology parameters such as cutting speed and laser power have to be matched to the bevel to be cut.
Messer Cutting Systems offers a variety of bevel cutting units, perfectly suited for your cutting applications. You choose out of oxyfuel, plasma and laser beveling options, in both automatic and manual systems. The automatic systems are fully controlled, with no manual adjustments necessary.
- Types of bevel I, V, Y
- Material thickness for beveling up to 15 mm
- Material thickness for vertical cuts up to 25 mm
- Max. Angle 45°
- Infinitely rotatable bevel head
- Interpolation of the bevel angel (change on the fly from minimum to maximum torch inclination whilst cutting)
- Positive and negative bevel angles in one part are possible
- Collision protection